Executive (>10 ani)
Oversee manufacturing activities in pursuit of the following:
- Achievement of quality standards
- Support master production scheduling (MPS) and daily build plans to meet the above
- Develop and continually improve factory floor layout to maximise space and flow and minimise handling and transportation.
- Headcount review/planning based on MPS
- Provide continual business communication across the department via appropriate channels to achieve main objectives above.
Oversee Product Engineering and R & D department activities in pursuit of the following:-
- Pursuit and maintenance of company strategy in accordance with business plan
- Development of custom applications in response to sales enquiries
- Development of new and improved standard products for inclusion in the catalogue
- Define/development of new technologies, materials and engineering processes
- Multi-functional product management of the above to ensure timely introduction into the business
- Continual improvement activities above to improve the processes above and in pursuit of lean manufacturing
Oversee Production Engineering/Toolroom department activities in pursuit of the following:
- Development of tooling for custom applications in response to sales enquiries
- Continual improvement activities to improve standards above and in pursuit of lean manufacturing
- Tooling capacity planning via MPS and factory floor layout
- Automation planning based on MPS and business objectives
Oversee facilities department activities in pursuit of the following:
- Maintenance of the fabric and services of the building
- Adherence to required legislative/insurance/corporate/ H & S and environmental standards
- Ensure facilities support to achieve production requirements
- Communication of H & S issues
- Support occupational health program and initiatives
Responsibility for manufacturing, product engineering, research and development, production engineering, toolroom and facilities.
Responsible to Business Unit President.
- Degree in Engineering, Physics or related subject
- Five years experience in a similar environment with a track record of bringing projects to a successful completion
- Good man-management and organisational skills, evidenced in career progression to date
- Automotive within a QS9000/TS16949 environment
- Implementation of continuous improvement projects
- Certificate/Diploma in Management Studies/MBA