The Health Safety Engineer monitors the removal of physical, biological and chemical hazards, and training of employees on safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Verifies compliance with health and safety regulations and ensures all necessary records are maintained and prepared according to established guidelines. Manages the participation in Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) inspections, providing inspectors with appropriate documents and identifying safety measures. Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget. Acts as advisor to Safety Committee regarding projects and tasks.
• Drive a Zero Incident Culture for all employees;
• Serve as a contact for HSE matters for the Plant;
• Consolidate the HSE Management System, including certification according with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards;
• Prepare HSE documentation for an increasing number of tenders that are expected to be placed in Romania;
• Perform Hazards and Risks Assessments according with Romanian legislative requirements (more detailed than the HRAs developed as part of Cameron HSE Management System), for all activities carried in the plant;
• Involve in developing, implementing, monitoring HSE policies, procedures and objectives;
• Promote, facilitate and administrate HSE performance initiatives, including employee observation/ suggestion scheme, Behavior-Based Safety Process and Workplace Health Programs, to promote open communication and to continually improve safety within the Company;
• Act as an internal consultant towards local management in all HSE issues;
• Coordinate HSE failure investigation and verify effectiveness of corrective actions implemented;
• Coordinate preventive fire-checks within the premises, in compliance with all the relevant provisions;
• Deliver initial HSE training to new employees, as well as contractors employees;
• Develop, coordinate and deliver HSE training classes and educational program, as needed;
• Schedule and ensure timely completion of HSE audits and inspections;
• Supports and/ or conducts internal HSE audits;
• Monitor compliance with measures adopted as a result of previous safety, fire protection, and environment audits;
• Prepare monthly/ quarterly reports regarding HSE and Fire protection actions;
• Direct activities necessary to ensure that the compliance with all local, state and environmental and safety regulations.
• Coordinate HSE related contractor activities including authorizing purchase requisitions and approving contractor work plans.
• Improve control of contractors, including audit of their HSE Management System, as a requirement coming from customers.
• Coordinate the implementation of HSE inspection program.
• Coordinate all Personal Protective Equipment policy (needs analyzes, equipment provider choosing, distribution towards employees, feed-back from employees regarding quality);
• Identify the needs and supervise procurement, distribution and use of PPE;
• Coordinate the investigations of work related incidents and accidents;
• Track audit and inspection findings and communicate progress toward closure ;
• Develop, coordinate and conduct HSE training classes and education programs;
• Train and coordinate the ERT (Emergency Response Team);
• Participate in and give direction to the safety committee;
• Responsible for the safety of self and others.
• University Degree in Technical and/ or Environmental Engineering;
• Knowledge of HSE Romanian legislation;
• Minimum 4 years experience in similar position;
• Very Good English command (reading, speaking, written);
• PC Skills: Excel, Word, Power Point;
• ERP/MRP systems – SAP knowledge preferable;
• Experience in manufacturing environment – heavy manufacturing would be an advantage;
• Certification as Safety Risk Assessor - would be a plus.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Champion of change, a real pusher;
• Above average communication skills;
• Ability to create written documents.
• Organized with demonstrated ability to complete tasks within specified time lines;
• Strong attention to detail and decision making ability;
• Professional approach to job responsibilities and working with others;
• Ability to work effectively in a team, share knowledge and best practices with others and promote overall skill development of the group;
• Analytical thinking, initiative;
• A real and proven Team-player.
For further information about Cameron please visit our site at www.c-a-m.com.
Oferta (bonusuri, beneficii)
Cameron offers a competitive package, opportunities for growth and career development.