Title: Construction Project Responsible
Department: Construction Department
Location: Country Support Office
Reports to: Country Construction Manager
Overall Job Function:
Plans, directs and coordinates activities concerned with the installation, implementation and operation of new stores across the country. Selects and monitors building contractors to ensure quality and compliance to blueprints. Ensures compliance with appropriate legislation as well as all H&M standards.
- Project Management/Coordination:
- Manages the design and construction process in order to ensure conformance to H&M strategic goals.
- Participates in determining and provides project management for suppliers, designers, architects, engineers, contractors, consultants, and suppliers.
- Researches, analyzes, accesses, and manages installation and implementation of a variety of products, features and corporate design initiatives.
- Maintains and provides input for project schedules and budgets.
- Participates in onsite construction meetings and site supervision.
- Liaises with the regional management team on planning and operational issues
- Liaises with Merchandisers and Visual Department to ensure that design and layout conform to brand requirements.
- Liaises with Loss Prevention/Security departments to ensure compliance with security standards
- Liaises with Information Technology department to ensure compliance with technical standards.
Documentation/Drawings and Specifications:
- Coordinates the working drawings and specifications from preliminary design to final completion in compliance with H&M standards.
- Ensures merchandised and visual layouts are accurately updated on all plans
- Ensure that all documentation and as-build drawings as collected and filed
- Hand-over all information needed for maintaining the project to facility management.
- Prepares operational manual, documentation and information for the Store management.
Administration and Budgeting:
- Develops specifications and prepares estimate of design costs including equipment, installation, labour, materials, preparation and other related costs
- Ensures and oversees contract administration of projects. Monitors against variances.
- Prepares and administers proposal and quotation requests as per H&M procurement/tender policies.
- Update internal systems on forecast, and check against actual cost vs. budget
- Follows and document all variances and change orders during the project
- Informs the construction manager on set times on the progress and financial development of the project
- Ensures invoices are consistent with commitments made under contracts
- Ensures compliance with H&M standards, building codes and regulations and Occupational Health and Safety codes.
- Demonstrated knowledge, education and experience in the areas of building management and constructions
- Store operations background an asset to the position
- Supervisory experience an asset to the position
- Flexible to work in an office environment and to travel across our retail locations where required
- Flexible to work 40 hours per week, Monday to Sunday, store open to close
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Able to initiate action and actively identify new areas for learning
- Strong time management, organizational and computer skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license